As If giving us a new game wasn’t enough, Rockstart went above and beyond with the multiplayer gameplay.
They seem to have built off of the “Free Mode” featured in GTAIV in which the player fan wander around the map with anywhere from 2 to 16 other players and interact with those players. To build off of that, now there are many other ways to interact with the other players.
Here are some things we spotted:
- Flying planes, including plane racing.
- Dirtbike and ATV racing.
- Bank and Jewlery Store Heists.
- Playing sports like golf and tennis.
- Buying apartments and hanging out in them.
- Player customized race tracks and TDM maps.
- And, of course, running from the Cops.
The list above all seems to be in the Free Roam mode. There also appears to be a basic team deathmatch mode, whether or not it will tie into the Free Roam or be a seperatmy game mode remains to be seen.